This is a review listening assessment. The content was reviewed through group work yesterday in class. Please follow these instructions:
1. Listen to the whole clip first.
2. Note the questions before you listen to it for the second time.
3. Remember the point is to understand the overall message, not individual characters.
4. Answer the questions in either Mandarin or English. The point is to demonstrate your comprehension of this message.
This week, we organize our work, practice a review conversation with new words and prepare for Student-Led Conference.
1. Please write in your planner the assessment dates as announced in class. These dates can also be found in PowerSchool.
2. Organize your GoogleDoc in your Mandarin folder. The file name example is “1415-6-Q3-PT-Last Name-First name”. You will amend the quarter number and task name according to your document.
3. Write a reflection in preparation for student-led conference.
4. Please submit your assignment correction.
1. Your homework will be returned to you with comments. Please observe these comments.
2. Make corrections.
3. If your name is not written on the work, your PowerSchool grade will show score of 1/1/1. Please bring it back to be recorded into PowerSchool next week.
4. If you have no score on PowerSchool, that means you have discussed an extension and are working on it. As the quarter will end next Friday, the work must be received before then.
5. For Thursday, after you finished correcting your homework, please copy down these in your notebook. Work with your partner and other classmates to translate the content.
6. Practice this conversation with your partner. Switch roles after you finish the conversation.
Please continue with yesterday’s conversation. When you finish, work on memorizing and performing the giraffe and the lion conversation.
Please follow the video instructions for this week’s class work. Note that if you do not finish all three task in one class, you may continue with it during the next class.
The transcription and translation tasks are group work. Writing a paragraph about what your family members like and like to buy or wear is individual work.
Please ask Mr Grier for help or email me your questions. I will get back to you as soon as I can.
This week, we will:
1. Make conversations.
2. Go over the assignment.
3. Write the performance task date in your planer.
4. Use Zondle for review.
The assignment is due noon Friday.
This week in Mandarin Class:
1. Finishing your conversation in GoAnimate
2. Review and familiarize vocabulary and expressions
3. Complete quiz or work assigned on Edmodo
4. Hand in your paper assignment. Note that the instruction is completing one page a day, noting the date on upper right corner. Every class, bring in your work along with questions you have so we could go over it before submission.
Play this Zondle game for a fun review. Please log into your Zondle account so your score will be recorded. If you have difficulties using or logging into Zondle, send me an email.
We will introduce more vocabulary and expressions. Please note that the class notes must be completed during class time. In case of unplanned absence, please come to tutorial to make up for your notes.
Prepare a script on GoogleDoc about buying clothes. Please use as many vocabulary as possible. Remember to share the document with me for editing.
Once you finished preparing the script, please go to: goanimate.com. Create a free account with your school ID. Put your scripted conversation in your animation.
1. Please view this video and answer the following questions:
How quickly is the world losing a language?
What is the significance of losing a language?
Why is it important to have different languages?
Do you agree with the other video with the message that the world might need to have a unified language?
Watch the other video again and prepare a summary about what Mr Mark Pagel presented.
2. Please open this slideshow and copy the vocabulary into your notebook. Organize words you don’t know into your vocabulary table.