For commonly used phrases, vocabulary and sentences, when you key in a character, the computer suggests the following character or presents some possibility. Try the following:
Type “zaijian” without space. When you enter “zaij” without finishing the whole word, the suggestion will show the possibilities. You could use the number key to select the correct word or push the space key to select the first choice.
1. Open a document in GoogleDoc.
2. File Name: 1314-A-Q1-Typing-LAST NAME-FirstName
3. Practice typing the following text.
Please make an introductory film about ISM for new students. You can choose to make the film as a presentation to new students, or have one student act out as a new students asking questions. Please ensure all students are in the film. Helpful information includes:
- School facility (校园场所)
- Class schedule (课程表)
- Classes or activities you are interested in (…感兴趣)
- The expression …对…很好/很严格
It is also helpful for a new student to find out where the buildings and facilities are. Please include information about how to get to certain areas or classrooms as well as their locations.
- Find out and gather your group to discuss route, content of your presentation or conversation.
- Plan how you will spend your 70 minutes.
- Leave time to edit your clips into one single film.
- For E-Block, Rm 1039 is available for your editing. For H-Block, students will have their own laptop.
- Upload the final cut into GoogleDoc and place it in the class shared folder. If this does not work, save a copy of this film and put it in the Teacher’s Dropbox.
- After you are certain a copy of the film is safely stored in a known location, erase the clips from the camera and return it to the class 5 minutes before the class ends.
The assessment is based on the Oral Task Rubric.
At MS party, you meet a new friend and start to talk spontaneously. Prepare a dialogue with your partner to introduce yourself and understand others. Incorporate the following information: name, birthday, age, grade年级, school 马尼拉国际学校, nationality 国籍, language ability 会说什么语言, countries visited/like去过什么国家, telephone number, and basic greetings. Everyone must ask at least 8 questions.
Grading criteria: content, grammar, pronunciation and tones, fluency, idea as specified in the Oral Assessment Rubric
At MS party, you meet a new friend and start to make conversation spontaneously. Prepare a dialogue with your partner to introduce yourself and understand others. Include the following information: name, birthday, age, date, telephone number and basic greetings.
Grading criteria: content, grammar, pronunciation and tones, fluency, ideas as specified in the Oral Assessment Rubric