To prepare a performance task PowerPoint:
- Open a PowerPoint (PPT) file in Google
- Use the file name: 1213-5D-Q4-LAST NAME-First Name for D block or 1213-5E-LAST NAME-First Name for E block
- Share it with firstname.lastname@example.org, change setting from “read only” to “can edit”
- Work on the text of your slide show.
Please keep in mind that the text and the accuracy of text are more important than pictures. Work on a draft, ask question about how to prepare your slides, and then find the pictures.
The second paragraph of you self-introduction will include the following information. The draft is prepared during class, and the typed version is due on 四月二十三日星期二. Please type this paragraph in your Google presentation as the second page and share it with the teacher at email@example.com on or before the due date. The file name will follow the convention: 1213-A-Q4-LAST NAME-First Name.
- accuracy of information
- following the file name convention
- sentence structure
- submitted on time
- the subjects you have this semester and list them
- after-school activity
- subjects you like or dislike
- languages you speak
- where you have visited and lived
For keyboard setup in iPads, please follow these steps:
- Go to “Settings”
- Scroll down to find “Keyboard”
- Select “Add New Keyboard”
- Find “Chinese-Simplified (Handwriting)”
- Select “Add New Keybard”
- Find “Chinese-Simplified (Pinyin)”
- A globe icon will appear next to the space bar in your keyboard for you to switch language when you type. Play with the keyboards and see which one works better for you!
On ISM Sports Day around 12:30 pm, you and your friends go to the cafeteria together to buy lunch. You talk about your food preference and decide what to buy. When you sit down with your meal, you start to chat about the food, favorite Sports Day’s activities and after school activities.
Each group (2 or 3 students) creates a poster to illustrate the dialogue. On the poster, you must write your own script lines and draw or glue pictures of food and sports you mention. The dialogue must include: greetings, food and activity preferences, your comments about food and activities. Each student should ask and answer at least 8 questions; greetings do not count. After finishing the poster, your group will give a presentation to the class.
Poster, PowerPoint slides and pamphlets promoting the Sports Day are some of the options for hardcopy presentations.
Hardcopy: Thursday, May 2, 2013
Verbal performance: Friday, May 3, 2013
Rubrics and grading criteria will be explained in class next week.