Each student will introduce his/her family by a PowerPoint slide show. Through this project, we will summarize Chinese language skills learnt in this semester: name, age, birthday, phone number and family members, etc., and practice computer skills for Chinese language.
1) Performance task: 10 points
Final slides – 5 points: content, characters and grammar
Language knowledge/skills shown in computer lab – 5 points
2) Oral presentation: 10 points: pronunciation, tone, fluency and presentation skills
Christmas is approaching; many stores are on sale. That is the great opportunity to do shopping for Christmas gifts or just for ourselves. Each student will go to a store to buy at least 2 items. The items you could buy are clothes, shoes, accessories, etc.
This is an individual task. Each student should write a complete skit (both buyer and seller) for this shopping experience. The dialogue must include the following components:
- Price inquiry with proper measure words
- Ask questions or make comments on the items, such as the size, color, fit/match or not …
- The quantity of each item to buy
Props are necessary.
- Brainstorm on the topics
- Draft it in Chinese, hand it in for grade
- Oral practice
- Perform with teacher individually (memorized, seller’s lines may different from the script)
- Final skit in written
- Perform with native Chinese speakers (without script)
- Skit writing: 10 points
Draft: 8 points, based on creativity, content, grammar and character writing
Final: 2 points, based on grammar and character writing
- Oral performance: 10 points
With teacher: 6 points, based on the expressions for shopping, fluency, pronunciation and tones
With other native speakers: 4 points, based on fluency, pronunciation, tones and improvising language skills
In order to know each other in a home base, everyone will use a booklet to introduce his family and each family member. The detailed information would include the language skills learnt in this semester: name, birthday, title, nationality, language ability, occupation and the countries visited.
Follow the procedures below and see the attached sample format, write the draft in the classroom notebook.
1) Cover page： write 我和家人 and 中文名字
2) 1st page：the family chart/tree and sentences:
(pet is optional)
3) 2nd page: family picture and这是我的一家。
4) From 3rd page, each page for one person’s information
Don’t forget 我爱我的___! (I love my ____!) for everyone except yourself.
5) Back cover: 我爱我的家!
6) Copy your draft to color papers after checked by teacher.
7) Decorate the booklet by any material you like: color, sticker, glitter, etc., and bind the booklet.
8) Read fluently for presentation. Hand in the booklet after presentation.
9) Present the booklet in front of your parents and ask for their signature.
1) Writing 10 points:
Draft – 5 points: content, character writing and grammar
Final – 5 points: character writing, grammar and general appearance
2) Oral presentation 10 points: pronunciation, tone, fluency and presentation skills